No added sugars, no flour or gluten...this is my little slice of clean eating heaven for breakfast! I'm definitely a breakfast person and if I had it my way, I'd probably eat pancakes or waffles every day for breakfast. The only problem is, they seem to be so heavy and I just feel BLAH after I finish them off (probably because I can eat a stack of 10....LOL)
I know a couple of things that make me feel so icky after a big stack is the overload on sugar and excess gluten. Because of this I was on the hunt to find an alternative that is equally tasty without all of the extra junk.
All of the ingredients in the recipe follow my clean eating rules... 'If it grew or if it had a mama!" and this is one that i'll be making more often.
*Makes 2 medium pancakes (1 serving) - double, triple amounts for more servings!
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup oats
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
dash of cinnamon
1/4 tsp coconut oil
For the Strawberry Sauce
1/2 tsp lime juice
- Break up banana and toss into a blender, along with egg, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, baking powder and 1/4 cup of your oats.
- Blend up mixture until moderately smooth.
- Add in remaining amount of oats and pulse briefly to incorporate.
- Pour the batter into a bowl & add the blueberries (leaving some to put on top of your finished product if you'd like!)
- Allow the batter to sit & thicken while you make your strawberry sauce.
- Chop up the strawberries and toss into the blender with the stevia and lime juice. Stir and pulse until smooth and set off to the side.
- Heat up a large non-stick skillet on medium and melt coconut oil.
- Pour the batter into the pan and cook evenly - about 4 minutes on each side but make sure you double check and don't burn the bottoms!
- Serve hot with the strawberry sauce drizzled and extra blueberries on top!