You scream, we scream, we all scream for ICE CREAM! I've been on a dessert recipe kick recently and rightfully so, because between this Shakeo ice cream and the pumpkin banana cookies from last week I definitely been able to fulfill my massive sweet tooth cravings.
This recipe is incredibly easy to whip up in a craving pinch and you get your daily dose of dense nutrition at the same time...in ice cream ;) OK sign me up!
What the heck is Shakeology?? Shakeology is a dense, all-natural superfood shake that gives you the nutritional equivalence of 5 PLATES of salad! It's essentially a bunch of ground up superfoods, vitamins and minerals all packed into one meal. It's helps curb your appetite (naturally - with no icky fake fillers), increases your energy, improves digestion & helps you lose and maintain weight! It also helps you save money by replacing it with one meal per day...SCORE!!! Side note: feel free to shoot me an email if you're curious to learn more about Shakeology and if it's right for you! VanessaLChristopher@gmail.com
Recipe (makes one serving):
- 1 large frozen banana
- Up to 1/2 cup of unsweetened vanilla cashew milk (or almond milk, but cashew is better! Silk makes a great one that's *new*!)
- 1/2 scoop of chocolate shakeology
- 1 tsp nut butter (I prefer almond)
Here's what you need to do...
- Chop up the frozen banana (the smaller the easier it will be...but watch those fingers of yours, they can be slippery suckers!)
- Put the chopped bananas in a food processor, pulse, and start adding a tablespoon of milk at a time in between pulses. The better your food processor, the easier this will be - I have a little "mini" one that isn't too powerful, so in order to get the bananas to a smoother consistency, I have to keep adding more and more milk.
- Once your bananas have reached a thick and smooth texture, add in the nut butter & chocolate shakeology and continue to blend until well incorporated.
- Stick in the freezer for about 15 minutes to solidify - if it needs more time to thicken up, stir around at the 15 minute mark and keep it in for a total of 30 minutes or so.
- Top with your favorite fruit (or rainbow sprinkles if you're feeling sassy!) and enjoy!